Re: Telguard trouble solved...maybe

On Monday, July 2, 2018 at 7:59:22 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 7/1/2018 3:40 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>=20
> >=20
> > I was installing cell units before most folks on this group I think.=C2=
=A0 My=20
> > first ones were analog cell that I programmed with a handset from a=20
> > Motorola bag phone.=C2=A0 They were trigger activated.=C2=A0 You used o=
utputs from=20
> > the panel as triggers.=C2=A0 I think they only had 4 trigger inputs.=C2=
=A0 I don't=20
> > even recall what they were called, but I was using them when Telular=20
> > (Telguard) was still acting like they were the only player in the marke=
t.
> >=20
> > I've used Uplink, TelGuard and Starlink of course.=C2=A0 By the time I =
got=20
> > out Telguard and Uplink had assholed themselves out of the market for=
=20
> > me.=C2=A0 Starlink had its issue, but when they came out with their fir=
e=20
> > communicators I no longer had any need at all for those other guys.
> >=20
> > Telguard would also try to pass the buck when there was a problem after=
=20
> > you waited on hold for them to finally answer.=C2=A0 All my problems we=
nt=20
> > away when I swapped out my last units to Starlink.=C2=A0 Coverage can a=
lways=20
> > be an issue, but...=C2=A0 that's the case with any cellular device.
> >=20
> > I just sold my last couple Starlink units a few weeks ago to some guy i=
n=20
> > New York or New Jersey or something like that.=C2=A0 I threw away my sp=
are=20
> > Uplink and Telguard units when I got my last ones in service replaced=
=20
> > with Starlink.
> >=20
> > Telguard/Telular is to cellular alarm communicators like Dedicated=20
> > Micros is to video recording.=C2=A0 They used to be somebody, but not f=
or a=20
> > very long time.
> >=20
> Hi Bob,
>=20
> Back in 2003 I installed a system with a Telguard T1630M in a very=20
> remote cabin on top of a mountain with 660 acre's of land.
>=20
> The unit had a actual dialtone, so I connected a Princess type
> wall phone that was used like any POTS line would be for both
> incoming and outgoing calls.
> It has long since died, including the customer.
>=20
> Les

Back afore the big blizzard of 92, I installed a cell phone that used semap=
hore flags and a signal light from a WWII battle ship, at the front entranc=
e of a cave. It was for an indecisive hermit.

Which reminds me  =E2=80=A6..=20

Did you ever hear about the dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac who sat up all ni=
ght pondering the existence of doG