Re: Form B Reed Switches on Wireless Alarm Sensors

On 7/27/2018 12:07 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 10:06:37 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>>> Well �� Thank you Les, for the refresher course in relay contact configuration. But all of that can be eliminated if you use a form C ���. so there!
>>> .
>>> I know all that information is in this brain somewhere just waiting to be called upon the next time I come across a relay. ( Or, like the new trainee with the "Electroix background" said ------------- "Wot's a relay")
>>> .
>>> (That reminds me of my favorite over the desk poster that says " Sex mons ago, I count evan spel injunear, now I are one")
>>> .
>>> Re, NVR. �. Yeah, it's amazing how all these devices get out in the field and the only one's who know how to use them are the Mfg techs. Even if there IS documentation it's either wrong or incomplete and to boot, you have to download it because they don't send it with the device. And it's usually 178 pages long with everything you never wanted to know in it. -------  THEN ��� when you discover the discrepancies and you go on line for the information, all the nomenclature and instructions (including videos and pics) is for prior versions but no info for the one you have in the field. NOW, it's a half hour waiting and listening to rap music on hold for tech support who �.. if you're lucky �.. you may get one who knows what they're talking about without putting you on hold while they "check the data base " �..
>>> .
>>> OH and What I meant by "HMMMMMM I didn't notice any difference" is that you just seemed like your usual nasty self �� :-0 ( jus being sarcastic)
>>>

>> Thanks Jim!!
>>
>> BTW have you or anyone called NAPCO tech support recently??
>> If not, call during the day(busy time) and see how long you
>> can suffer being on hold. RAP music would be a blessing.
>> I don't want spoil the pain by typing the experience here.
>> If you have then you already know.  If not then dial 800-645-9445, 1 , 1
>>
>> Also Jim, all of what you typed above is absolutely accurate.
>> The mfg's use US as their QC Dept.  PITA
>>
>> Later,
>>
>> Les

> [...]

Jim,

Thanks for the better understanding of the "New York Minute".
Never knew that was the problem.
But what I was referring to was not the conversation with anyone
at Napco Tech Support, which goes quite well once I get there.

What I was referring to was their MOH.  Message on Hold.
Again it would be better if you dialed the number and listen
of a  minute or so if you can survive that long.  When
you really need to speak to someone you do not have a choice.

Since, you now say you have a rapport with someone there, maybe
you can help by suggesting they change it to some elevator music
for about 1 minute every 15 seconds or so.

Give it a listen, I am sure even with your New York'ness you will
understand my point.

BTW   Location is South Central Pennsylvania
       (where all the vertical H2O has been lately)

Have a good weekend.

Les