Re: Form B Reed Switches on Wireless Alarm Sensors

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 10:06:37 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> > Well =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 Thank you Les, for the refresher course in rela=
y contact configuration. But all of that can be eliminated if you use a for=
m C =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6. so there!
> > .
> > I know all that information is in this brain somewhere just waiting to =
be called upon the next time I come across a relay. ( Or, like the new trai=
nee with the "Electroix background" said ------------- "Wot's a relay")
> > .
> > (That reminds me of my favorite over the desk poster that says " Sex mo=
ns ago, I count evan spel injunear, now I are one")
> > .
> > Re, NVR. =E2=80=A6. Yeah, it's amazing how all these devices get out in=
 the field and the only one's who know how to use them are the Mfg techs. E=
ven if there IS documentation it's either wrong or incomplete and to boot, =
you have to download it because they don't send it with the device. And it'=
s usually 178 pages long with everything you never wanted to know in it. --=
-----  THEN =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 when you discover the discrepancies=
 and you go on line for the information, all the nomenclature and instructi=
ons (including videos and pics) is for prior versions but no info for the o=
ne you have in the field. NOW, it's a half hour waiting and listening to ra=
p music on hold for tech support who =E2=80=A6.. if you're lucky =E2=80=A6.=
. you may get one who knows what they're talking about without putting you =
on hold while they "check the data base " =E2=80=A6..
> > .
> > OH and What I meant by "HMMMMMM I didn't notice any difference" is that=
 you just seemed like your usual nasty self =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 :-0 ( jus be=
ing sarcastic)
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks Jim!!
>=20
> BTW have you or anyone called NAPCO tech support recently??
> If not, call during the day(busy time) and see how long you
> can suffer being on hold. RAP music would be a blessing.
> I don't want spoil the pain by typing the experience here.
> If you have then you already know.  If not then dial 800-645-9445, 1 , 1
>=20
> Also Jim, all of what you typed above is absolutely accurate.
> The mfg's use US as their QC Dept.  PITA
>=20
> Later,
>=20
> Les

W.E.L.L.L.L...=E2=80=A6  I have to say =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 that =E2=80=A6=E2=
=80=A6 since I (in another life many many years ago) was a tech support guy=
, that I kinda,sorta,maybe, sympathize with (some) tech support departments=
. Although I sometimes have a long wait for  NAPCO tech support, since I've=
 been using their products since the mid 70's I kinda let it slide when the=
re's a long wait. But, on the other hand, I very seldom HAVE to call them a=
nd since I'm located very near their main office I have the opportunity to =
go to all of their important tech seminars that they give quite often in th=
is area. I've got somewhat of a reputation with some of the engineering dep=
artment and some of the older techs. Well, maybe not a "reputation" but pos=
sibly more of a rapport, since they know that I'm local. There's sort of a =
comradery between "New Yorkers" that's just not there with people from othe=
r areas of the country.=20
.
I think I've mentioned this here before but, I have a theory that there is =
such a thing as a "New York Minute" and this is gleaned from my past experi=
ence as a "telephone jockey".
.
 My theory is, that a New York Minute can be about 30 seconds long. When a =
true New Yorker is talking to another person, by the time the person has ha=
lf finished his sentence, the New Yorker is already responding.  For anyone=
 south and west of New Jersey, and north of Connecticut you can increase th=
at to 45 seconds. Of course, the time warp eliminates all the "niceties" no=
rmally extended and expected in return by the "other" people. This is why m=
ost people from other areas think that New Yorkers are rude. We're not rude=
. We're just 30 second ahead.

I don't know where you are, so don't take offense. It's just a theory. Or =
=E2=80=A6.. I guess it could be just an excuse and we really are rude.=20

I've tried to pay attention to conversations that I've had with non-New Yor=
k techs and the pattern seems to be somewhat detectable. Not all the time b=
ut sometimes there seems to be more pausing and banter and a "social" air t=
o the conversation with them then with New York based techs. If you have an=
 opportunity, give a listen sometime.=20

On the other hand =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6. when I was a young man, I always used=
 to wonder why old men where so crotchety ------ now I know.=20