Re: Napco P3200 firmware update options

Bob La Londe wrote:
> No offense, but you come off like a user with one panel you want to do something with.

I am not an alarm installer.  I am in Home Automation who would like to simply connect to an older alarm panel.  I was into CCTV installations many years back and was just starting into security.  Then family got in the way.  Now with more time I am restarting back up into IP cameras first.  This is just a side job for me as I do have a full time position as an engineer at an AV / lighting / HVAC / etc... control company.  We do not do security equipment at my full time job.  In the past I also worked as an engineer in the CCTV industry.

One has to start some place and this happens to be were I am starting back at integrating a home control with an alarm panel.  Next time I will just go with another companies panel or not integrate the security into the home control.  So far I can now setup a home system to control lights / HVAC / Audio / Video (including security cameras) / door locks / etc from any smartphone or internet connection without any addtional monthly expence.  Any event can trigger a text message also.  It would just be nice to offer others to be able to conrol their alarm system as a bonus and use the alarm motions to turn on/off lights and adjust temperatures.

I am hope to be getting the old "V11D HA" NAPCO firmware tomorow I need from a home automation company who said they have some in their warehouse.  This is without any help from NAPCO.