DSC DW4975 Vanishing Contact

Has anyone had issues with the DSC (Secure Wireless) EV-DW4975 Vanishing Co=
ntact?

I haven't used many of them, as I prefer the standard contacts and the abil=
ity to install with screws, but I have one system (a 1616) with four of the=
se contacts that has been a pain lately.  After being installed for about 4=
.5 years (right on time), one of the contacts has a low battery.  However, =
replacing the battery doesn't clear the trouble.  Nor does it help to open =
and close the door to help force a signal through, which is what always wor=
ks on the standard contacts.

On the other hand... The battery voltage is good, and this is the second ne=
w battery we've tried.  The contact is sending tamper and tamper restoral s=
ignals as it should.  And the zone shows open and closed as it should.

My next thought is to ship them a new contact... unless anyone has any bett=
er ideas?

- Chris