Osborne-Hoffman 2000E receiver problem

To All:

Osborne-Hoffman 2000E receiver.

Line one functions properly. Line two is the problem. No additional
lines.

When a signal is sent to line two, the receiver does not seize the
line, hence the acknowledge tone is not generated for the xmitter to
hear. When calling line two via headset I only hear the phone company
generated ring voltage/tone that continues until I hang up. In effect
the receiver does not answer when line two is called. Also when line
one is busy with a signal, and a second call is sent to line one, the
call is routed/hunted to line two, but the receiver still does not
answe line two.r.

The receiver is aware of the ring voltage coming in on line two,
because the receiver sounds it's buzzer, and then the operator
silences it.

I have a spare OH, but before I go to the CO I thought I's query here
for advice.

Thanks.  Charlie