Re: I'm on a search too!

> Yeah, amazing .... isn't it? On occasion, when I need a helper "at the other end" ...  It seems I spend more time telling whoever is working for me what to do, than it takes for me to do it myself. Even if I had to walk back and forth between either end!! It takes me too long to explain all of the contingencies that could occur and how to react to them. So they usually wind up standing around for a good portion of the day watching me go back and forth as I tell them what to be looking for. And it gets frustrating to watch someone try to snake a wire for 15 minutes, that I could do with one twist of the snake. Even so called experienced installers.
>
> But first of all, I'm not going to spend 35 bucks an hour for a technician to help me snake wires. However, with someone less than that, even just trying to explain all the nuances of different sounds to listen for when using a signal tracer to someone who doesn't know how to use it beyond the basic .... (tone or no tone) .... level is too time consuming. Sometimes it's a chore to get them to understand that even not hearing a signal is information that can be  used to determine what's going on.

LOL  Been there done that so many times.  However, there is a guy I use
that is top notch.  He has his own business servicing and installing
awnings.  It is mostly seasonal work.  Spring/Fall  Up/Down.

He is one of the rare guys that automatically will hand you the next
tool to do a job.  Literally thinks ahead on everything we do just as I
am.  Training was a minimum, he just got it.  There have been times that
he will point out something I missed or forgot.
Gladly pay him what he wants.  If I have a job that I need him for I
will schedule around his schedule.  I never want to make his business
suffer because of my work.  He would be the dream employee if he wanted
to be an employee, which he does not.

Then there is the other side of the coin with the other subs, that you
have explained quite well.  It is a struggle that they will never
understand.

Have a good week.