Re: I'm on a search too!

on 6/5/2015 12:27 PM, Jim wrote:=20
 > On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 7:54:28 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:=20

 >I am guessing that some new stuff it out there can put 1080p on coax.=20

=20

Yeah, that's what I've been using. There are hybrid DVR's that will do both=
 analog and 1080P. It's a good way to upgrade existing analog systems. When=
 DVR goes out I replace it with a hybrid DVR and I'll change one camera for=
 them free of charge. As soon as they see the huge improvement in picture q=
uality they have me do more and eventually all of the existing cameras. =20

=20

 =20
> Nuvico has equipment that has specs of HDoCS.=20
>Check the specs on this camera.=20
>http://www.nuvico.com/index.php?route=3Dproduct/product&path=3D138&product=
_id=3D406=20

> I just put a Nuvico in a 700 TV lines today and the case is a very small=
=20
> ball camera. The above is the same size ball. The base is 3.6" dia.=20
> It could easily fit on a 4" round plastic electrical box with cover.=20
> Get the right paint and color as you like.=20

=20

Yeah, I thought of that and would have probably done it but the distributor=
 has finally located a  HD 1080P camera with a matching back box for me. Bu=
t this has got to be really first class looking. The camera is no more than=
 3 to 4 feet away from the doorway.
 =20
> BTW the best part with IP cameras besides the 3mp picture is the camera=
=20
> control that you get of the camera. Don't have to go to the camera=20
> to play with a tiny joy stick to make menu changes while watching a set=
=20

>up monitor.=20

=20

I've read about the capability of the IP cameras and I'm sure I'll find som=
e time eventually to sit down and experiment with some. But I have to buy a=
 DVR and a few cameras and set it up on the work bench and play with it for=
 awhile. I can't stand it when you try to install a new product for a custo=
mer and you run into a problem and have to get on the line with tech suppor=
t and the customer is watching and wondering why you don't know how to do w=
hat you were supposed to be the expert at doing.=20

=20

Next slow period ( if there ever is one ) I'll give it a go.=20

=20

On the other hand, it's a nice complaint to have, ..... that I'm too busy.

=20

 Right now I'm working two $15K new construction residential jobs at the sa=
me time. They want everything I do. Alarm, home theater, whole house and ou=
tdoor audio, sourced and controlled via Sonos, computer network set up and =
wireless network expansion. IPhone/IPad control of lighting, thermostat, CC=
TV cameras, garage doors and alarm system. IPads on the wall. Install and m=
ounting 7 TV's in one house, 8 TV's in the other .... all with remote cable=
 boxes. Each house has a whole closet dedicated to the electronics in the h=
ome.=20

=20

And I just quoted on a refurbished alarm system in a 110 year old Tudor sty=
le, 7 bedroom home. Just for the alarm upgrade I'm quoting $11.5K. It's got=
 over 70 openings and a system installed in the 80's. Have to expand the sy=
stem into more than the existing 16 zones and eliminate all the old Litton =
Terminus shock sensors on every opening. Got to install audio glass brake d=
etectors in every room with contacts only on doors and windows. It's plaste=
r over wood lath balloon construction. The place has so many rooms it looks=
 like a hotel. Beautiful old fashioned home.

=20

The economy is coming back with a vengeance. ..... for me anyway.

=20

And, .........  I work alone and lovin it !!!!

=20

Hope your doing well too.

=20

 =20