Re: I'm on a search too!

On Wednesday, June 3, 2015 at 7:54:28 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>=20
> I just installed those Hikvision Turret models IP cams.  Excellent=20
> picture @ 3MP w/ 2.8mm.  The outside mount has junction box has a=20
> integrated into the fixture.
>=20
> But then you wanted 1080p on coax.  I think the best on coax these days=
=20
> is going to be HD @ 720p or 2mp.
>=20
> As for the LED off set??  So far did not see a hotspot of IR on the=20
> picture.  The single IR seems to have a very even dispersion.

I Haven't tried any IP cameras yet. When I get some time to experiment, I'l=
l give it a try. I don't do on-the-job learning curves.=20

As far as HD over coax, there are quite a few 1080P cameras available. The =
problem with needing back boxes on this job comes from the fact that the co=
ax video and power connections takes up a lot of room at the camera end so =
extra room is needed behind the camera. On this job two of the cameras are =
right at the door to the house and on a stone wall so there's nowhere to pu=
sh the cable and connections back into the wall. But, since I also want to =
keep the camera small the turret/eyeball cameras are the smallest .... but =
apparently they don't make back boxes for them.=20

Duh .... you would think that the smaller the camera the more likely room w=
ould be needed behind the camera for connections. But, what the hell, the p=
eople who design these things never install them.=20

My distributor is zeroing in on a product right now. We'll see what happens=
. Worst case is that the color of the back box wont exactly match the color=
 of the camera.=20

As far as the Hikvision cameras, yes, I can see the reasoning of the separa=
te IR and lens but ..... for close quarters mounting at the doorways, resid=
ential, they look ridiculous and I'm sure I'd get comment from my clients. =
I wouldn't hesitate if it were high up or on commercial. All they need is a=
 smile.
0 0