Re: Long Runs - CCTV

On 12/5/2015 12:08 PM, RTS wrote:
> I haven't had the need (yet)
> But  I'd go with  Les on this one
> Use  Fiber
> I have a retail friend locally  who runs fiber from his house to his store
> that?s inside then outside then back inside..
> He transmits video, data and packet phone all on the same fiber..
> Only problem  I know about was him putting the ends on for the
> modulator/demodulators.
> (hes's also under the footprint of several RF transmitters,  no problem
> with fiber)
>

> RTS

When it comes to Fiber.  LC OR SC terminations Single of Multimode.
Choose the Modulator/Demodulators.

The trick I learned is DO NOT DO the terminations.  Instead figure the
length of the run.  Add a fudge factor 1.2 times the best guess on
length.  Then place an order for the cable pre-made with the right ends.
  Then pull the cable.  Coil up the extra and PLUG IT IN!!!!  DONE!!!!

Does it work??  You betcha it does!!

Hope that helps.

Les