Re: Bore Scope sale

On 12/30/2015 11:03 PM, RockyTSquirrel wrote:
> On 12/30/2015 4:00 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> "ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> Yea, they don't build us like they use to.
>>>
>>> When I am asked "how did you do that??".
>>> I just answer with "It's Magic!!! and a smile"
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>> My favorite was a general contractor who asked me how I was going to
>> contact
>> a double door with sidelights and a 3 panel solid transom window.  I told
>> him I was going to drill through two of the divider posts in the
>> transom and
>> then drill over size holes to match through the top beam of the door, and
>> then drill 3/8 holes through the door jamb head.  Then if his guys needed
>> help we would stand there on ladders and guide the wires through
>> everything
>> while they set the window.  When we were finished I turned to ask the
>> general who was watching the whole time what he thought.  His face was
>> beaded with sweat running down, and he said, "You will never do that
>> again!
>> I'll make sure there is room for you to go around. from now on."
>>
>> Years later he still remember when I drilled through that window.  I
>> would
>> just remind him I did it then and I have that many more years experience
>> now.
>>

> I guess the best trick  I ever learned was the fishing weight and a ball
> of string..
> Attic to basement drops,  no sweat,  look for a vent pipe, water line,
> chimney, HAC feed lines,  one of them will always have a enough space to
> drop that little honey all the way down.
> Just did an 1845 house 3 stories,  got lucky was able to drop all the
> way down and branch off on each floor with smokes and pir's from the
> same cavity..
> brought a tear to the ole bosses eye..    LOL

Once was doing a rancher I found the 1st floor wall in the basement and
drilled up with a 3/4" drill.  I then went to the attic and found the
wall and did some measuring.  Drilled another 3/4" wall.  Dropped a
sinker on a line and was surprised that it did not hit anything.  Tied
it off and went to the basement.  Only there to find the sinker on the
line swinging in the breeze.  How cool was that?!?!?!  :-)

Les