Re: Bore Scope sale

On 12/30/2015 4:00 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "ABLE1" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> I got a smoke wire up into a 2nd floor wall (was aiming for baseboard)
>>> and decided to go drill a hole in the top plate in the attic where the
>>> glow rod was inside the wall.  I snagged the 22/2 used for a pull with a
>>> fish tape in about 10 minutes too.  I made it look easy and had two
>>> witnesses <g>.  They were saying they would never hear the end of that
>>> one - and they didn't for a little while <wink>
>>>

>> Yea, they don't build us like they use to.
>>
>> When I am asked "how did you do that??".
>> I just answer with "It's Magic!!! and a smile"
>>
>> Les
>
> My favorite was a general contractor who asked me how I was going to contact
> a double door with sidelights and a 3 panel solid transom window.  I told
> him I was going to drill through two of the divider posts in the transom and
> then drill over size holes to match through the top beam of the door, and
> then drill 3/8 holes through the door jamb head.  Then if his guys needed
> help we would stand there on ladders and guide the wires through everything
> while they set the window.  When we were finished I turned to ask the
> general who was watching the whole time what he thought.  His face was
> beaded with sweat running down, and he said, "You will never do that again!
> I'll make sure there is room for you to go around. from now on."
>
> Years later he still remember when I drilled through that window.  I would
> just remind him I did it then and I have that many more years experience
> now.

I guess the best trick  I ever learned was the fishing weight and a ball
of string..
Attic to basement drops,  no sweat,  look for a vent pipe, water line,
chimney, HAC feed lines,  one of them will always have a enough space to
drop that little honey all the way down.
Just did an 1845 house 3 stories,  got lucky was able to drop all the
way down and branch off on each floor with smokes and pir's from the
same cavity..
brought a tear to the ole bosses eye..    LOL

--
RTS