Re: Bore Scope sale

On 12/28/2015 12:52 PM, RockyTSquirrel wrote:
> link to a sale for bore scope
>
> http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/22-17460?scode=DD15D5&trk_msg=0D9UCM8CBN6K35KL5FI7B636PS&trk_contact=TND51HS86JQIBRHCB6HC2163A4&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=22-17460&utm_campaign=DD15D5&utm_content=DD15D5
>

> Have never used one but the concept is interesting...
> Can see many applications where this might come in handy..

Rocky,

My 2 cents!!
I got one of these about a year ago.  Paid less than what is posted.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/General-Tools-Palm-Scope-Video-Inspection-System-DCS950/205160787

Does it work??  Yes!!
Is it hard to use??  Maybe, depends on your thoughts.
Was it worth the expense??  Not really!!
Is it a cool tool to show your friends??  Absolutely!!
Would I buy another if this one died??  No way!!
Can it be used to perform a self evaluated colonoscopy??  Yes, but with
rougher edges!!

Experience:  2nd floor wall, I drilled a hole through sole plate inside
wall to 1st floor.  Needed to get fish rod through hole to 1st floor
wall cavity.  Trying to hold camera in one place while trying to guide
fish rod to hole through a single gang wall cut out at the same time.
Besides being somewhat disoriented because of visible video and
orientation of rod to hole I gave up after 10 minutes and just closed my
eyes and poked till I hit it.  And that was at a distance of 16" from
cutout to hole behind wall.

I have used it as well just to see what was blocking my path.  It does
help to a point, but again in my opinion not worth the expense for the
application as YET.

Maybe some day it will prove to be the best tool in the box.

BTW if you check eBay for borescope you will see some that are USB that
can be connected to a laptop.  I considered doing that as opposed to the
PlamScope but decided that having all self contained to be the better
choice.

Good luck on your decision.

Les