Long Runs - CCTV

Back in the day we all had to deal with the 750' limit.  We all knew we
could push it further, but if we wanted to "know" it was good we made sure
it was close to max for runs.  I special ordered 95% Cu RG-6 and was able to
run 1000' and for black and white cameras there are some I nstalled at
nearly 1500' on that coax.

Then along came twisted pair and amplified twisted pair baluns that cdould
push composite video a couple miles.  With RF links (some) you could push
composite video several miles.

Now we have to take a step back.  318' limit (100 meters) with IP cameras.
We can stretch that a little, but that's the magic number for ethernet.  Its
not the signals won't travel further.  Its that the timing is all off if you
stretch it to far.  Multi Megapixel IP cameras are the bees knees.  The cats
meow.  Bob's pre marriage dating history.  Whatever.  LOL.  How are you
dealing with those long runs?  Its not always practical throw POE switches
up all over the place as repeaters either.  I work on facilities routinely
with runs of 500-700 feet, and one old install I did ages ago with oversize
coax had a couple runs approaching 1500'.

What is the answer.  I push POE IP cameras often now because of the price to
features ratio and the ease of installation (nearly PnP), but how are you
dealing with distance issues?