Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 1:46:57 PM UTC-4, doug wrote:
> I don't use many bullet cameras, but those that have pass through wiring =
usually have a threaded removable mounting plate, Depending on the size of =
the camera the thread should match either 1/2 or 3/4 rigid electrical condu=
it, You could use a short length of rigid conduit with a threaded coupling =
and attach the camera (without the mounting plate) directly to the threaded=
 coupling. maybe use a little loctite. You may have to extend the cables wh=
ich would leave the connection inside the conduit, and as someone else ment=
ioned it makes adjusting the camera more difficult . Drill an appropriate c=
onduit size hole through the mortar between the bricks, use a coupling size=
d drill and enlarge the hole the depth of the coupling. Slide the conduit t=
hrough until the coupling is flush, you will have to secure it on the insid=
e of the building to prevent it moving, you could use an electrical box but=
 that would require the conduit be cut to an exact length and threaded so y=
ou could use a U bolt and angle iron. Use a little caulk to finish the job.=
 I have never tired this, so at this point its just a theory, but I think i=
t should work OK Doug

I don't like dome cameras because I've had too many problems with refection=
s from the IR emitters. I've tried a few of those "eyeball" cam's but not e=
nough faith in them yet to use 7/8 of them out side on a commercial buildin=
g.=20

But, the cam's I use don't have threaded couplings. The bracket is part of =
the body of the cam with two swivel points ..... horozontal and vertical wi=
th the lead fed out through the back of the mounting ring.