Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:22:13 AM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
> I have an installation of outdoor cameras on a brick building coming up. =
It's a nice looking building and I'd like some ideas for mounting the camer=
as and find out how you-all are terminating the camera connections. On othe=
r jobs that I've done I've used treated wood either screwed or masonary nai=
led to the cement block and used a weather proof 4X4 plastic box for the co=
nnections. All mounted to a smooth cement brick surface. Really commercial =
and not necessary to be "pretty".
>=20
>=20
>=20
> This next job has colored unevenly textured bricks which is going to be h=
ard to attach a board to evenly and a anyway ...... a piece of treated wood=
 and a grey plastic box isn't going to look too good on the front of this n=
ice building.=20
>=20
> I'll be using bullet cameras and the connection leads are only about a fo=
ot long. I presently use compression fittings for the wires going into the =
box and caulk the wire hole through the wall. I'll be using baluns so I nee=
d the box.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Any suggestions?

Use a 3 to 4 Inch flat masonry chisel and a large hammer to prepare the sur=
face flat where you will mount the equipment with just a small amount of ex=
tra flattened area to caulk around mount and box edges.