Re: home owner needs advice

Jim Wrote:

>I'm On LinkedIn but it's related to my school reunion committee.

<snip>

I could care less about the people I graduated with, I never went to a
single High School reunion.  There were 912 in my graduating class, I
talked to maybe 200 of them.

>I'd be looking for a group that's somewhat similar to this but more active ...... I guess. I've thought of trying some of the trade magazine groups but the ones I've looked at so far are not too populated and posts seem to be weeks apart.

I'm in 30 groups on LinkedIn, some are active daily.

ADI Global Distribution
Alarm Monitoring
ALL JOBS
ASIS Houston Chapter
AVIs - Audio Video Innovations and Solutions
CCTV Case Studies, projects and references
CCTV Installers
CCTV Video Surveillance, IP Technology & Solutions
CEDIA (Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association)
DSC (Digital Security Controls) Networking
Electronic Security Association
Electronic Security Expo (ESX)
Electronic Security Industry Jobs
FireandSecurityJobs.net US / CAN
FireandSecurityNews.com
IP CCTV
ISC Events
Networked Video Surveillance Servers (NVS)- CCTV, NVR- Video Analytics
Online Lead Generation
Physical Security Information Management (PSIM) Group
SDM Magazine
Security Consultancy Network
Security Industry Business Development
Security Industry Group
Security Sales & Integration
Security Systems Integrators - Directors Only!
Security Technology Professionals
Surveillance Technology
The IPVSG - The IP VIDEO SECURITY GROUP
The Security Space

I have 79 "connections", and they are 95% in the security trade or IT
field.  They are good connections too, not installers. Mostly sales or
operations VP's for our industry.   I could reach out to one or more of
them and get access to whomever I wanted since I'm mostly only 2 or 3
"generations" away.  I make sure I don't let just 'anyone' in, since I
just logged on now to get that list above I see 8 pending people wanting
to associate with me.  I'm going to have to screen each one.

Some asshole I never met sent me a message wanting me to vouch for his
experience!  Those get ignored, sometimes I report them as spammers.  Can
you believe the nerve of some?

Oh, and I have a stalker from the UK that consistently shows up on my
list of people that viewed my profile.  I've reported him twice for spam
using the one-click button - but I think I may write a note to the
LinkedIn admins telling them to ban the fucker.  He falsley represents
himself as a "Independent Security and Investigations Professional", his
name is David G Brooks - don't invite him into your network no matter
what!  That goes for anyone reading this, the guy is a scumbag just
trying to garner personal info.

I've had 17 people view my profile last month, who knows if they are
genuine or not until you research them.

Right now I have 8 pending requests to join my network.  Three are VP's
for companies I know of.  Two are alarm company owners. One is a
purported headhunter. I have to check out them out before clicking "add".

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin