Re: home owner needs advice

On Saturday, June 1, 2013 2:25:54 AM UTC-4, G. Morgan wrote:
If you don't already have a LinkedIn account, get one. There are lots of se=
curity related forums there. Some you need to apply to, but if you get on t=
here look me up and ask to be my contact (along with other colleagues of yo=
urs). I'm already a member on many of the invite-only forums and your assoc=
iation with others in the industry will get you "in". They are no-nonsense,=
 no flaming, no personalia conflict forums. --=20

I'm On LinkedIn but it's related to my school reunion committee. Has all my=
 personal stuff. But I'm always getting "updates" of who my classmates are =
linking up with. People I don't even know...... or care to know. I get invi=
tations to link with people I don't know ...... and don't want to know. I w=
ouldn't want any of my personal info getting out on a business group or vic=
e versa. I guess I could open up another profile but there are so few other=
 people from my class on Linkedin that it's hardly worth the annoyance of g=
etting these profile updates and who's linked with who. I'm imagining that =
being part of a larger group that the influx of useless information would b=
e intolerable.=20

I'd be looking for a group that's somewhat similar to this but more active =
...... I guess. I've thought of trying some of the trade magazine groups bu=
t the ones I've looked at so far are not too populated and posts seem to be=
 weeks apart.