Re: DSC phone line technical support is terrible

On May 14, 9:48=A0pm, "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> P.S. =A0I don't think the MFGs follow this group the way they used to.
>
> I remember once complaining on this group that my new laptop didn't have =
> serial port, and a couple days later a USB serial adaptor and a spare PCI
> mini appear in my mail box.
>
> "Bob La Londe" <n...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in messagenews:josbt6$tuo$2@d=
ont-email.me...

> > "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> I hope DSC is listening and getting this message ! Their phone line
> >> support is not adequately manned, with wait times up to hours not
> >> minutes. While I realize that a lot of questions are from installers
> >> asking questions they should know if they were trained properly, or if
> >> they would take the time to read the install manuals, that does not
> >> excuse this terrible level of support. As installation companies, we
> >> suffer the same thing, with questions from end users who can find the
> >> answer on page one of their user manual; however, that is not an
> >> excuse. Suck it up as we do, and continue to provide proper support !
>
> >> Please fix the problem or you are going to find a lot of people
> >> switching alarm suppliers to manufacturers who do support their
> >> customers
>
> > LOL. =A0I feel your frustration. =A0Been there with everybody for the l=
ast few
> > years. =A0I can still get an ear at Napco and setup an appointment for =
> > conference call in advance for a particularly odd problem, but DSC,
> > ADEMCO,
> > and even Napco all have longer wait times than they used to and if its
> > really not an, "Oh yeah! =A0Duh! =A0I knew that," call it can be quite
> > difficult
> > to get one of the "good" techs on the phone. =A0I think it's a sign of =
the
> > times and the industry. =A0The alarm trade will follow the telephone tr=
ade
> > into the abyss.

RHC: You're probably right; however, I'm hoping at least someone from
the factory may happen upon this post and take some positive action.

People and manufacturers today don't realize how powerful the internet
is for both good and evil. Your reputation can be ruined by one bad
post from one unhappy customer (fair or not). The smaller your
company, the more this applies.

I try to always be fair in this regard regarding criticism, but
DSC...YOUR TECH SUPPORT WAIT TIMES SUCK !! (now tell me, what part of
that don't you understand....)