Re: ADT or FrontPointSecurity for a house?

On May 15, 10:26=A0am, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:34:14 AM UTC-4, Ant wrote:
> > Hello.
>
> > According to quick Google searches, it seems like FrontPointSecurity is
> > better than ADT. Do you guys agree on this? Has anyone tried both for a
> > house? Is it true that FrontPointSecurity doesn't have 24/7 support lik=
> > ADT?
>
> > Thank you in advance. :)
>
> > Best regards,
> > Ant (remove ANT if e-mailing)
>
> The people that participate in this group are in or involved with the ala=
rm installation trade which has absolutely nothing to do with companys such=
 as ADT. And .... even though I've never heard of Front Point Security, the=
 very fact that you are comparing them to ADT suggest that they fall into t=
he same category.

> That is to say .... ADT is known for ripping off the end user by using th=
eir well known name in the commercial alarm installation trade and their de=
ep pockets to advertise on TV, to play to home owners where they do little =
more than trap people into paying exobitant amounts of money for years for =
the installation of a minimal amount of the cheapest equipment. Also, the p=
eople who install these systems are not ADT employees but simply people who=
 ( in my opinion ) can't make it on their own in this trade and become ADT =
"dealers" who install alarm systems, then sell the accounts to ADT.

> Find a local independent alarm installation company who is not part of so=
me national franchise if you are looking for good value for your money. Do =
your research of at least three local companys and ask your friends etc for=
 referrals.

RHC: Bingo !!!....right on all counts ! At the risk of being self
serving, do some research before committing to ANY company. My site is
like many out there serving the end user...it may
assist....www.homemetal.com

Good luck.....you'll likely need it....:))