Re: ADT or FrontPointSecurity for a house?

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 12:34:14 AM UTC-4, Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>=20
> According to quick Google searches, it seems like FrontPointSecurity is=
=20
> better than ADT. Do you guys agree on this? Has anyone tried both for a=
=20
> house? Is it true that FrontPointSecurity doesn't have 24/7 support like=
=20
> ADT?
>=20
> Thank you in advance. :)
>=20
> Best regards,
> Ant (remove ANT if e-mailing)

The people that participate in this group are in or involved with the alarm=
 installation trade which has absolutely nothing to do with companys such a=
s ADT. And .... even though I've never heard of Front Point Security, the v=
ery fact that you are comparing them to ADT suggest that they fall into the=
 same category.=20

That is to say .... ADT is known for ripping off the end user by using thei=
r well known name in the commercial alarm installation trade and their deep=
 pockets to advertise on TV, to play to home owners where they do little mo=
re than trap people into paying exobitant amounts of money for years for th=
e installation of a minimal amount of the cheapest equipment. Also, the peo=
ple who install these systems are not ADT employees but simply people who (=
 in my opinion ) can't make it on their own in this trade and become ADT "d=
ealers" who install alarm systems, then sell the accounts to ADT.=20

Find a local independent alarm installation company who is not part of some=
 national franchise if you are looking for good value for your money. Do yo=
ur research of at least three local companys and ask your friends etc for r=
eferrals.