Re: Any skilled residential installers in New River, AZ area?

> Not sure why you think I would not "...even recognize..." a skilled
> installer, though.

A skilled installer would generally migrate to a higher paid position. I
always think of residential installers in the alarm trade as being at the
lower end of the skill spectrum. Even companies like ADT manage their sales
and installations staff in a tiered fashion of compensation where
residential is at the bottom of the food chain. When I think of a skilled
CCTV installer I think of one that could not only install but configure many
types of CCTV systems; like ones with hosted video recording and a different
CIF and frame rate not only for each camera, but each storage "bucket". The
installer could calculate the necessary retention time for a NAS or SAN and
configure same into an network. The installer would recognize and be able to
configure a layer 2 or 3 switch or carve out his own VLAN. The installer
would be able to set up analytics on each camera or encoder or separate
analytics server, including all inputs, outputs for any metadata, not to
mention linking the video to the access control system or POS system.
What you seem to be looking for is not a skilled installer and probably
would not have need of one if your market target is 4 residential cameras.

"Robert Macy"  wrote in message

On Jan 14, 8:01 pm, "Just Looking" <S...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Skilled and residential in the same breath? And for all of FOUR cameras?
> Be like the old Paladin Western "Have Siamese coax cable, staple gun,
> ladder, will travel"
> Most any certified brain donor will do. Find where the Direct TV and Dish
> network installation contractors drink beer.
> Sounds like the last thing you'd need or you'd even recognize would be
> skilled residential installer.
>
> "Robert Macy" <robert.a.m...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Need to talk with you if you're in the area north of Phoenix.
>
> > Outdoor wired, four camera system.

Not sure why you think I would not "...even recognize..." a skilled
installer, though.

A skilled installer would generally migrate to a higher paid position. I
always think of residential installers in the alarm trade as being at the
lower end of the skill spectrum. Even companies like ADT manage their sales
and installations staff in a tiered fashion of compensation where
residential is at the bottom of the food chain. When I think of a skilled
CCTV installer I think of one that could not only install but configure many
types of CCTV systems; like ones with hosted video recording and a different
CIF and frame rate not only for each camera, but each storage "bucket". The
installer could calculate the necessary retention time for a NAS or SAN and
configure same into an network. The installer would recognize and be able to
configure a level 2 or 3 switch or carve out his own VLAN. The installer
would be able to set up analytics on each camera or encoder or separate
analytics server, including all inputs, outputs for any metadata, not to
mention linking the video to the access control system or POS system.
What you seem to be looking for is not a skilled installer and probably
would not have need of one if your market target is 4 residential cameras.

Contact satellite installers. Good idea!  I tried getting in contact
with our Direct TV installer through their buffering offices to ask
him if he knew anybody, but he never called. I guess I was too strict
on his installation and am labeled 'problem', but thanks for the
suggestion, just remembered I do have contact info for our phone
technician. He knows how to install so the connections are reliable
and the weather won't intrude. I especially want to preserve the
exterior surfaces, avoid all those tiny little water collecting staple
holes!

I learned the hard way that stapling along a wire, knowing how to make
connections, understanding electronical/electronics does NOT an
installer make. The lesson was learned at a time when I was an
arrogant Engineer. Having graduated from Stanford I always thought I
knew best and ignored advice from the 'uneducated', yet very
experienced, field practitioners - after all, I was educated and I
should know best. I paid the price for that arrogance, for ignoring a
lot of that good advice, shortly after installing my first [personal]
alarm system. It only took a year after installing, but I learned just
how much I should have listened to experience.