Re: Any skilled residential installers in New River, AZ area?

On Jan 15, 4:24=A0am, Robert Macy <robert.a.m...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not sure why you think I would not "...even recognize..." a skilled
> installer, though.

Well ...... maybe you wouldn't before you were introduced.

But I think his meaning is that just because someone says they're a
(good)  installer doesn't mean that they are. You really don't know
until you see their work. Referrals are important.   VERY important.
There are lots of people who are slow and out of work, so you can
either come in contact with someone who can't do the job but says they
can, or you could luck out and get a top notch installer for less
outlay. Without at least a referral it's a crap shoot.

> Contact satellite installers. Good idea! =A0I tried getting in contact
> with our Direct TV installer through their buffering offices to ask
> him if he knew anybody, but he never called. I guess I was too strict
> on his installation and am labeled 'problem', but thanks for the
> suggestion, just remembered I do have contact info for our phone
> technician. He knows how to install so the connections are reliable
> and the weather won't intrude. I especially want to preserve the
> exterior surfaces, avoid all those tiny little water collecting staple
> holes!

Just a note. I've got to say ...... I've seen more botched and sloppy
satillite and cable TV work, than good work. Just like any of the
"Free" marketeers in any trade, their goal is In .... Out. Do as many
installation in a day to get that golden egg ..... recurring revenue.
Ya gotta piture Mista?  OK ..... see ya. Most of them are
subcontractors and are not usually responsible for their work. If
there's a problem, the trouble shooting crew comes out. The installers
install. The trouble shooters pick up the trash.

> I learned the hard way that stapling along a wire, knowing how to make
> connections, understanding electronical/electronics does NOT an
> installer make. The lesson was learned at a time when I was an
> arrogant Engineer. Having graduated from Stanford I always thought I
> knew best and ignored advice from the 'uneducated', yet very
> experienced, field practitioners - after all, I was educated and I
> should know best. I paid the price for that arrogance, for ignoring a
> lot of that good advice, shortly after installing my first [personal]
> alarm system. It only took a year after installing, but I learned just
> how much I should have listened to experience.-

I know you've heard it before but it always tickles me when I hear it
again.

"Sex monthes ago I cudn't evan spel injunear. Now are are one. "