Re: Any skilled residential installers in New River, AZ area?

On Jan 21, 4:38=A0pm, "Just Looking" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Not sure why you think I would not "...even recognize..." a skilled
> > installer, though.
>
> A skilled installer would generally migrate to a higher paid position. I
> always think of residential installers in the alarm trade as being at the
> lower end of the skill spectrum. Even companies like ADT manage their sal=
es
> and installations staff in a tiered fashion of compensation where
> residential is at the bottom of the food chain. When I think of a skilled
> CCTV installer I think of one that could not only install but configure m=
any
> types of CCTV systems; like ones with hosted video recording and a differ=
ent
> CIF and frame rate not only for each camera, but each storage "bucket". T=
he
> installer could calculate the necessary retention time for a NAS or SAN a=
nd
> configure same into an network. The installer would recognize and be able=
> configure a layer 2 or 3 switch or carve out his own VLAN. The installer
> would be able to set up analytics on each camera or encoder or separate
> analytics server, including all inputs, outputs for any metadata, not to
> mention linking the video to the access control system or POS system.
> What you seem to be looking for is not a skilled installer and probably
> would not have need of one if your market target is 4 residential cameras=
.

So lets' see. Then I guess you also say that a Mack Truck mechanic is
at the top of the food chain and an automobile mechanic is as the
bottom. Or ..... an electrician who works on High tension transmission
of power is a better electrician than an elevator Eletrician. A Baker
at Entenmens better than the local bakery. A commercial alarm
installer better than a residential installer .......   Uhyup
Uhyup!  I would imagin that you are a commercial installer ......
right??  People that work with bigger things are naturally more
skilled than people who work on smaller things.

Yep, thanks for that. Jeeze, if it wasn't you metioning this and
bringing it to my attention I would have guessed that my skills in
installing residential alarm systems had nothing to do with me being
in the trade for 42 years with almost exclusively by word of mouth
referrals .... exclusively. Being written  up a number of times in
trade mags with unique installations. Even being called on by my
competitors to help them get their equipment and installation
working ......

Well I guess it's time for me to retire and just let the other half of
my numb brain dissolve.