Re: Need to cut through the BS on Alarm monitoring costs

On Feb 18, 6:10=A0pm, G. Morgan <sealte...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Frank Kurz Wrote:
>

> >Here on the "wet coast", we used to solder all our connections until GRI
> >came up with 3/8 mini-contacts with terminals. =A0No more messing with
> >off-set in-line splices or trying to wrestle beanies into or out of a
> >3/8" hole.
>
> Those are super. =A0I like them a lot.

RHC: Yup, I agree. I have never used nor ever will use, contacts
without screw down terminals. These give you instant access to the
wire loop for checking (or changing to the other pair), rather than
trying to extract a couple of buried B connectors within the door or
window frame, and breaking the loop in the process.

One of the things I look for in deciding whether or not I'll decide to
takeover a system is whether the wire connection points are buried and
inaccessible. If they are, I don't touch the system.....too difficult
to service.

Why buy a bag of shit for $15 to $20 a month...