Re: Outdoor CCTV problem

On Nov 19, 9:11=A0am, Robert Macy <robert.a.m...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 8:22=A0pm, G. Morgan <sealte...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Robert Macy Wrote:
>
> > >hard to believe that while watchiing a Perry Mason episode, the
> > >character was heard to say, "...and he took that $6,000 to build a
> > >beach house in Malibu..." =A0have times changed, or what?
>
> > Before my time, that's for sure.
>
> > >get a network? uh, this house is wired for CAT5 is that the type of
> > >network? what electronic box to plug in, or are these all 'plug n
> > >play'?
>
> > What I mean is the network functionality is one of the neatest features=
.
> > You just plug it into an empty port on your router. People love being
> > able to pull up their cams from work, home (for a commercial job),
> > vacation, whatever.. =A0 A web browser is all you need, no iDevices
> > necessary.
>
> > --
>
> > "I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
> > If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,
> > We're going to kill you first, period."
>
> > October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan =A0(Colbert Report)
>
> Perry Mason RERUNS!
>
> This would be a 'local' network only. =A0I purposely keep to dial up
> modem speeds. =A0Three times before a virus could get downloaded I've
> had time to physically pull the connection.

Well, ...... I guess that answers a lot of potential questions.

So .... let's see ..... You want cameras and technology available here
in the 21st century, yet you're basing it on a 20th century
infrastructure.

Have you ever heard of a virus protection application, like Norton and
50 more on the market and a router with security settings?  It makes
for very comfortable use of your computer, on line. You'll no longer
have to type with one hand while holding the wire to you modem in your
other.

Sounds like you'd like to get the most that you can with the least
amount of investment, which is fine. But come on! .....
There are just some things that you have to bite the bullet on if you
want this to work out. When you're done with your project are you
going to say, this is great .... or ..... this is good enough?

Don't agonize over the cost and nickel and dime the job to
inadequacy.  After you've done a good job and the system works great,
the cost fades away. If you don't do a good job, it will live with you
every time you look at it and you'll say " I shouda done this or
that ..... forever.