Re: Outdoor CCTV problem

On Oct 4, 6:09=A0pm, G. Morgan <G_Mor...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JakeD Wrote:
>
> >> What equipment are you working with?
>
> >I have these two bits of kit, and yes, they were relatively cheap:
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/4yv5ws2
> >and
> >http://tinyurl.com/3tdqwu2
>
> >I'd probably get better results with a wired sytem would I? I suspect a =
lot
> >of my problems are to do with wireless reception.
>
> >Each of teh receiver/DVR;s has trouble dealing with 4 cameras, despite
> >claiming to be 4-channel systems. They can deal with three much better, =
but
> >they have trouble picking up all 4 cameras - even during daylight.
>
> dude, you're going to have to start over if you want a working system.
> If I had a nickel for every time I've heard of people getting burned;
> I'd have a dollar or two.
>
> >Transmission Type =A0ISM 2400 - 2483 MHz.
>
> That is 802.11g -- 802.11n is 10x faster.
>
> You're better off with hardwiring using CAT5 and install IP cams or
> video baluns for analog cams.
>
> >Min Illumination =A0O Lux.
>
> Unacceptable
>
> >IR Nightvision Range =A07 Metres.
>
> Always take what they say the range is, then divide by 3. =A0They lie!

Would you post a list of 'considerations' to take into account?

Especially be useful if you were to add the 'minimum' requirements, or
why the spec is important to a 'self installer'.
List examples
1. Line resolution, where 360 to 400 sucks, but 540 to 600+ will
fulfill expectations?
2. Wireless: how to discern the channel spec to make certain ALL the
channels will work TOGETHER! Are their effective add on modules?
3. LUX requirement: you said 0 LUX, which implied [to me] no light is
required, the cameras have their own.  I've seen 30ft and40 ft range
cameras.
4. size of CCD
5. Lensing/angle of view.

I've been wading through specs for a while and keep tripping over
features I do NOT care about...internet images, 3G phone images etc.

I need a way to view around our property 24/7 while occupying the
property. and don't say go out and look, because there are too many
blind spots.I need a way to have motion detector(s) go into alarm, and
switch the view of the TV system away from entertainment to the camera
catching the motion. and then be able to switch back.  The idea of
digital recording in the manner of the TV entertainment system does
now would be ideal.  I've gone through 10 VHS tape machines, and
mechanical reliability sucks.

Is this a good 'starting' system that removes much of the decision
processes?:
<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?
EdpNo=3D7132707&Sku=3DQ300-2792>