Re: Google Voice

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:qv3aj6l3ufgi60t08nrks12jhsfi8kj1gk@xxxxxxxxxx
> "ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Worse comes to worse, you can interface with it via RS232 and
>>> watch for a series that triggers a text to your phone (via email).
>>
>>Thats spooky.  Still not thinking how that would be possible..............
>
> By parsing the data and looking for certain "strings" that cause
> an action.  Have you ever used "Terminal" in windows to watch raw
> data on an RS232/485 line (access control)?
>
> When the string is seen, the script will generate an email and/or
> email to text.
>
>>> Where can I D/L a copy of this?  It looks 1995ish.
>>
>>You just did.  It is a .pdf.  Just save to a folder.
>
> No, I mean the actual program itself, so I can install it in a
> sandbox and play with it.
>
>>Again thanks for thinking about this.
>
> Sure. I love shit like this.  If we can figure this out it would
> make a lot of G-Voice user happy.
>
> Might have to get all fancy with these:
> http://www.jetcityorange.com/dtmf/
>
> Does your system allow you to dial a different number based on
> which mailbox has v-mail?  Could you program 4 separate numbers?

Graham,

I have not used terminal to view the data but I know what you are talking
about.  Actually in DL900 there is a diagnostic menu selection that does
just that when doing a DL of a Caddx panel.

The software is a bit on the strange side.  If it is not connected and the
time of startup to the Dispatch VM you can't go much more past the setup
screen.  When it is connected it will auto download the data and open
screens to allow you to make changes.  When you make a change and exit that
portion it auto writes that data back to the Dispatch VM.  So with out a
Dispatch VM box I am not sure you will get very far even if you had the
software.

For each mail box I can enter a separate number with a could of ,,, pauses
for delay and then digits to send.  Presently I have 3 mail boxes that all
dial my pager number and then send the mail box number.  12 - 13 - 14.

I then have a speed dial set up in my cellphone to dial back and get to the
mail box and enter pass code and retrieve the message.  Which make little
difference in this discussion.

I will look for the software and see if I can get it or have it.

Thanks again.

Les