Re: Google Voice

"ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>On Jan 16, 4:35 pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Nick,
>>
>> A while back you mention here on ASA about using Google Voice for text
>> messages with some system you were working on. That got me to thinking.
>> Yes, it is dangerous to a point.
>>
>> Presently I have a Voice Mail system that when a message is left in my
>> box,
>> sales or service box it will dial out and send signal is a numeric DTMF
>> format to my pager. I then get the page and know what Voice Mail I need to
>> check on. Works great and I get the page between 1 and 2 minutes of a
>> message be left.
>>
>> What I want to do (if possible) is to get rid of the pager. I have set up
>> Google Voice local number. I can get my Voice Mail to call that number but
>> can't get Google Voice to understand the DTMF in order to get a text
>> message.
>>
>> Also at this point I can't get my Voice Mail to send a audible English
>> message to a dialed out number. If I could this would be simple.
>>
>> So...................... Do you have any tricks up your sleeve that might
>> help??
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Les
>
>>  I am working on that one will let you know if i am successful
>
>Thanks,  I am still searching as well.  I will share what I find as well.
>Have a good week.

Guys,

Use a combination of GV and Gmail's powerful filtering.

Also, send SMS to your phone based on conditions.  To lose the
pager.  Send yourself a SMS either directly
5555551212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or use the email
forwarding feature in Gmail's settings to forward the alert to
your phone.