Re: Google Voice

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:q5i7j6truj64qo86l7q2l3pbm5mtnl3caj@xxxxxxxxxx
> "ABLE1" <royboynospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>"nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>On Jan 16, 4:35 pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Nick,
>>>
>>> A while back you mention here on ASA about using Google Voice for text
>>> messages with some system you were working on. That got me to thinking.
>>> Yes, it is dangerous to a point.
>>>
>>> Presently I have a Voice Mail system that when a message is left in my
>>> box,
>>> sales or service box it will dial out and send signal is a numeric DTMF
>>> format to my pager. I then get the page and know what Voice Mail I need
>>> check on. Works great and I get the page between 1 and 2 minutes of a
>>> message be left.
>>>
>>> What I want to do (if possible) is to get rid of the pager. I have set
>>> up
>>> Google Voice local number. I can get my Voice Mail to call that number
>>> but
>>> can't get Google Voice to understand the DTMF in order to get a text
>>> message.
>>>
>>> Also at this point I can't get my Voice Mail to send a audible English
>>> message to a dialed out number. If I could this would be simple.
>>>
>>> So...................... Do you have any tricks up your sleeve that
>>> might
>>> help??
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Les
>>
>>>  I am working on that one will let you know if i am successful
>>
>>Thanks,  I am still searching as well.  I will share what I find as well.
>>Have a good week.
>
> Guys,
>
> Use a combination of GV and Gmail's powerful filtering.
>
> Also, send SMS to your phone based on conditions.  To lose the
> pager.  Send yourself a SMS either directly
> 5555551212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or use the email
> forwarding feature in Gmail's settings to forward the alert to
> your phone.

You make it sound so simple..............

Please help me understand how I can get my Vodavi Dispatch Voice Mail to
dial 5555551212@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx??

If I had that ability my problem is solved.

If I could some how get GV to accept and understand DTMF my problem is
solved.

It really comes down to trying to get the old technology to talk to the new
technology.  It is not always that simple.  Although it should be.  That is
unless I am missing something.  Please advise.

TIA

Les