Re: New alarm licensing for Province of Quebec

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :
4a9e976c-d51d-4c11-981c-91a53420a123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Oct 21, 8:07 am, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "tourman"  a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
>> 6c8eade2-1fe9-401f-b734-736d98fa0...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> > RHC: No it was passed because of pressure from trade unions.
>>
>> Bob it all started in 2000 with the Consultative committee on security.
>> take
>> a look at this cdoc and you will see that the union were there, but just
>> barely..
>>
>> http://www.securitepublique.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/Documents/police/sec...
>>
>> I will copy who was there for the alarm section of the comity..
>>
>> ANNEXE 3
>> MEMBRES DU SOUS-COMITÉ « ALARME ET SERRURERIE »
>> M. Jean-François BouchardDirection des affaires policières et de la
>> prévention de la
>> criminalité, ministère de la Sécurité publique.
>> M. Georges Belisle Emploi-Québec.
>> M. Réjean Bérubé A.D.T. Sécurité Multi-Nat, Canada.
>> M. Normand Bouchard Fraternité internationale des ouvriers en
>> électricité.
>> M. Robert Branchaud CANASA.
>> M. Pierre Dussault Maîtres serruriers du Québec.
>> M. Robert Dutil Service de protection Microtec.
>> M. Michel Ferland Sûreté du Québec.
>> Mme Louise Marcoux CANASA.
>> M. Lionel Perron Les Laboratoires des assureurs du Canada.
>> M. Réjean Ratthé Service de prévention Microtec.
>> M. Robert Robillard Groupe Sécurité Robillard inc.
>> M. Jean-Paul Roberge Protectron inc.
>>
>> In all those people only one was from a Union.. all the rest.. alarm
>> company
>> or alarm association ....
>>
>> So are you telling me that one men from one union is able to hammer down
>> his
>> way of thinking on all those poeple.. Wake up and smell the cofee Bob..
>> and
>> stop playing cartoon in your head..
>>
>> >  If the
>> > American government wanted more security in Canada, anything that
>> > happened would happen at the border crossings, not just within the
>> > Province of Quebec.
>>
>> then after the comity 911 came..
>> it was followed by this:
>>
>> http://www.securitepublique.gouv.qc.ca/fileadmin/Documents/police/sec...
>>
>> I know its all in french..
>>
>> Thenn in 2006 the law, if there would not have been 911 nothing would
>> havwe
>> change here..
>>
>> > And no, I doubt such an expensive licensing scheme would every fly in
>> > Ontario ! You work for a big company, so this affects you not in the
>> > least.
>>
>> No Bob i dont work for a big company, I represent the best part of all
>> alamr
>> tech in Quebec as there union rep.
>>
>> > However, smaller companies would be hit hard by such excessive
>> > charges (although some form of basic licensing probably wouldn't be a
>> > bad idea). But you don't kill a fly with a hammer !!

> [...]

Tell me are Union really strong in new brunswick?

I am pretty sure its no, well they have the same type of licensing for tech
too. were they trying to prevent you from working there?? or quebecer from
working there.. dont think so..
In fact many of the tech in quebec have there licence for NB cause big
company send tech from here to there when there is a job rush.. ( adt have
only 2 install tech for the whole province ;-)  )