New alarm licensing for Province of Quebec

Well, it seems the restrictive Quebec unions are finally getting their
way. Effective next year, any company installing alarms in Quebec will
need a provincial license, which costs $1400 annually for the company,
plus $102 for each installer working to install. It will also involve
a criminal background for all employees of the company. Fines for
companies caught operating without a license will be in the region of
$5000 an offence !!

A recent publication distributed to all wholesalers describes it as a
government attempt to move alarm installation from the domain of a
trade to that of a more professional level of activity. The real truth
is it's an attempt to cozy up to Quebec unions who are notorious for
their wish to keep Ontario companies out of fair competition in
Quebec, and of course, it's another tax on on the small and big
businesses working there (and which will work it's way down to the end
price paid by the consumer). It also reflects the fact that there are
a lot of scumbags in the business there (as well as in the
locksmithing trade). But regardless of the worth of background checks,
this is a clear case of killing a fly with a shotgun !!!

Frankly, I'm so damn tired of Quebec and all their special privileges
within Canada, along with their rightly earned place of being the most
corrupt province in Canada !! I have dozens of customers across the
river from Ottawa in Quebec, and I can tell you I won't stop servicing
these accounts because of this bullshit !!