Re: Moose/Sentol

"G. Morgan" <usenet_abuse@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : je7pa6tqri2mn86p8ui7t6ap7cev35cj84@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Petem" <petem001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>On win 3.1 you had to install wintrumpet to have a tcp-ip stack.. those
>>were
>>the good old days of the new communication era..
>>Before that we were running 300 bps modem on or bbs system... then came
>>the
>>1200 bps modem..and after the 2400, that for most of us was the max a tel
>>line could take..(well we were worng ;-) )
>>They came back with the 9600 bps, with 2 different system , one was from
>>supra, the other from hayes....  gee.. brin g back really old memories..
>
> Ha, yeah I remember Trumpet to get the TCP/IP stack in 3.1, then 3.11
> included
> one.
>
> I actually had to use a SLIP emulator called SLURP to dial into my
> account. Once
> authenticated all I had was a UNIX command prompt.
>
> And those BBS's bring back memories.  I was a member of several ones that
> had a
> secret "elite" area for WAREZ.  Took forever to get in because the
> operator only
> had one or two phone lines (and sessions were time-limited).

I had my own BBS at home.. And the warez was on 5 stacked floppy disk, (had
no hard disk on this BBS, it was on an atari 800...

Then I had my pc, a 286, I had to upgrade the memory by soldering chips ,
capacitor resistor and jumpers, directly on the MB, boy I was afarid that it
would not work anymore..