Re: reasonable monthly rate

> I have a Vista 10 and I think most non-technical people would look at the
> programming for that and say Huhhh????

My home security system was professionally installed and is professionally
monitored.  Completely separate, I built my own outdoor security system that
uses PIRs and CCTV and IP cameras, and it's more sophisticated and feature
rich than the average home security system.  I have programmed Visonix,
LYNX, and Vista 20, and I agree wth your assessment.  For installers who
work with these every day, the programming is a bit tedious but otherwise
doable.  For the average DIY, these panels are ridiculously confusing.  If
manufacturers wanted to make these easy to program for the DIY, they would
add some type of simple computer connectivity such as a USB port and include
a free software application to run on a laptop.  However, I expect
professional installers do the heavy lifting wrt volume sales, so these
panels are designed for professional installers and not the occassional DIY.

Best,
Christopher