Re: reasonable monthly rate

As to programming an alarm system yourself...

The question is if there are any alarm systems which a "non-alarm
person" could purchase and somewhat easily understand how to program?

Maybe something which connects to a PC and and has a "user friendly"
application for programming? Easy to understand documentation?

I've been out of the business for a while and everything I've seen
uses abbreviated codes and requires the use of a reference manual. And
no one would understand the jargon in the documentation except an
alarm tech. Sort of along the lines of programming one of those
universal remotes, except there might be 50 settings which require
codes.

I have a Vista 10 and I think most non-technical people would look at
the programming for that and say Huhhh????