Re: Ademco 5800RP Implementation

On Dec 29, 1:52=A0pm, "Christopher Glaeser" <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I have found that by mounting the receiver in the can with antenna
> > pointing out actually increases range of wireless as it gives you a
> > grounded back plane .
>
> That's good to know. =A0How odd that the 6160RF requires separation from =
the
> panel. =A0I have not yet mounted the panel to the wall and =A0I did a num=
ber of
> tests with the panel and 6160RF in various locations around the house. =
=A0If
> the 6160RF is too close to the panel, range is poor and performance is
> sporadic. =A0If the separation was too small, it could not communicate wi=
th a
> 5828V in the next-next bedroom (two walls and 30').
>
> Best,
> Christopher

I believe that you are experiencing the conflict between distance,
wave length and null points or consider the following:

Usually, putting the receiver at a high elevation, centrally located,
cures most transmission problems. However, large metal objects,
( kitchen appliances, automobiles, large mirrors, [especially old
mirrors], HVAC ducts, foiled insulation or wall paper, etc) can cause
bounce or deflection or reduction of signal and may require some trial
and error location of the receiver. In some cases, only two receivers
will suffice. If you don't want to mess around with the trial and
error, start out with two receivers or a repeater, depending upon the
mfg you're using.