Re: Ademco 5800RP Implementation

> I have found that by mounting the receiver in the can with antenna
> pointing out actually increases range of wireless as it gives you a
> grounded back plane .

That's good to know.  How odd that the 6160RF requires separation from the
panel.  I have not yet mounted the panel to the wall and  I did a number of
tests with the panel and 6160RF in various locations around the house.  If
the 6160RF is too close to the panel, range is poor and performance is
sporadic.  If the separation was too small, it could not communicate with a
5828V in the next-next bedroom (two walls and 30').

Best,
Christopher