Re: Ademco 5800RP Implementation

On Dec 28, 6:25=A0pm, "Christopher Glaeser" <c...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I would shut down the RF portion of the 6160RF and go with the 5883ENH
> > instead. I have run across several problems with the 6160RF not working
> > right after a while.
>
> OK, I think may do that. =A0I think that's a much better option than reso=
rting
> to a repeater if possible.
>
> I reread the 6160RF manual and see that it recommends at least 10' betwee=
> the panel and the keypad transceiver. =A0Given that the 5881 can be mount=
ed
> inside the panel (with antennas outside the can), I would not have guesse=
> that such a large distance would be required. =A0I separated the 6160RF a=
nd
> panel and I think I'm close to 100% coverage now. =A0The separation made =
> significant improvement in coverage. =A0I may be able to use the 6160RF, =
but
> if not, I'll disable the transceiver and add the 5883.
>
> Thanks again for your assistance.
>
> Best,
> Christopher

I have found that by mounting the receiver in the can with antenna
pointing out actually increases range of wireless as it gives you a
grounded back plane .
Rarely have i needed the repeater and even then signals hit most times
i was using it as a back up when high noise was in area.
I have transmitters inside the radio tower huts at WAVL which are 300'
from receiver and getting hit with 5000 watts of AM and they still
trigger every time the 5800 stuff properly installed is pretty good
stuff