Re: Ademco 5800RP Implementation

> I would shut down the RF portion of the 6160RF and go with the 5883ENH
> instead. I have run across several problems with the 6160RF not working
> right after a while.

OK, I think may do that.  I think that's a much better option than resorting
to a repeater if possible.

I reread the 6160RF manual and see that it recommends at least 10' between
the panel and the keypad transceiver.  Given that the 5881 can be mounted
inside the panel (with antennas outside the can), I would not have guessed
that such a large distance would be required.  I separated the 6160RF and
panel and I think I'm close to 100% coverage now.  The separation made a
significant improvement in coverage.  I may be able to use the 6160RF, but
if not, I'll disable the transceiver and add the 5883.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Best,
Christopher