Re: Ademco 15p and AD-2001 Dialer

On May 15, 3:10=A0am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
> > "Crash Gordon" wrote:
>
> >> Will that seize the phone line for 10 minutes?
>
> > It will seize the line until one of several things happens:
>
> > 1. Someone disarms the system.
> > 2. Someone presses 1#1# on the phone.
>
> With no power to the phone, I don't think 1#1# (or any other
> combination) will work to restore the seized line. =A0This could be
> dangerous for the end user as he's unable to use his phone for ten
> minutes. =A0Not all carry cells.

The relay would be open for 10 minutes not the phone line, a problem
with multiple alarms if the dialer can't call again because the relay
that activates it is still open

If it takes a 10 minute relay activation to get a dialer to send
signals either ditch the dialer or learn to program it properly, since
the 2001 has a momentary or maintained activation that shouldn't be
too difficult even for Robert