Re: Ademco 15p and AD-2001 Dialer

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:2cd0a464-ccfd-4f11-bde8-3fda3ea7f1a3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> 10 minutes eh? He might want to check programming of the dialer first don't
> you think?
>
> Maybe Step #7 might be a good place to start

That would be fine if momentary triggering was the best option.  I prefer
maintained trigger because it allows the user to stop the dialer by disarming
the panel with no further action required.  With momentary triggering, if even
the user disarms the panel the dialer will run its course, sending unnecessary
notifications.  Thus, the best choice (IMO) is to set the relay for about 10
minutes.  The dialer will typically finish its run in less time than that if
it isn't stopped by disarming or by someone pressing 1-#-1-#.

I've sold thousands of these dialers over the years.  They work well enough,
though they're are not as secure as digital monitoring.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics