Re: 3 garden invasions in 6 months

"Christopher Glaeser" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:SoGdnZEnQPCJwTrUnZ2dnUVZ_tPinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> There is no single outdoor sensor that will not have false alarms.
>
> Yes, understood.  I have a couple of Optex and the direct sunlight and
> wind do cause false alarms.  With the realistic understanding that even
> Crows have false alarms, what height would you recommend?  My driveway is
> 20' wide and 50' long.  I want to mount a D&D about mid way up the
> driveway, facing across the 20' width, directly facing a row of 40"
> shrubs.  What height would you recommend?
>
> Best,
> Christopher

I would mount them at the standard mounting height in the specs, and a few
feet back from the driveway.  Also, if possible I would mount them on a post
witth a shade similar to that used for meterological recording thermometers.
Facing North if practical.  (A north facing shade with side boards allows a
thermometer to always be in the shade at any time of day or in any season in
the northern hemisphere.)