Re: 3 garden invasions in 6 months

I have been telling everyone I know for years that our Government should
allow the sale of Marijuana, and any other minor drugs through normal
pharmacy distribution channels. This may eliminate some of the street
violence for the drugs, get rid of more than half of the drug dealers,
and clean up the streets, and at the same time, the government can
collect sales tax on it all. It will empty our jails for most serious
criminal offenses, and put some taxpayers back on the street.

Afterall, alcohol has done more damage to this country than all the
street drugs combined, yet you can buy alcohol at any quicky mart all
over the country. Cigarettes are still for sale everywhere even though
we all know that gives you cancer...so what gives?

Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc., should hand our free needles
and spoons to heroin addicts. Companies love giving away free blood
meters like it was candy, medicaid gives away $5000 scooters to anyone
over 50. Why not help us cut down the spread of AIDS by giving addicts
what the need? Or help them get off it if they really want to? Methadone
doesnt work, you are just trading one bad habit for another, but barely
legal pharmices are making a fortune on other people's attempt to kick
the habit.

I say give prostitutes a street vendors business license, and they will
be required to carry liability insurance, and a basic medical plan, just
like any other business. Aren't we all considered whores in one form or
another in our own respective businesses?

Many countries have red light districts. Japan has the most brothels per
capita in the entire world. Yet Japan collects taxes on it all. Why
shouldn't we do the same? These places would not exist if there wasn't a
huge market for it.

Why can't I bet on professional sports at my local OTB? Are you telling
me the corruption already in place may get even worse? We bet on horses,
dogs, lottery tickets, scratch offs, bingo, etc...hell, we can clean up
just on soccer matches.

Our country has lost its way. It is obvious that predatory home lending
practices were not the answer. Let's try something new. Tax people for
what the need, want, and use, no matter what their petty vices are.

End of rant for now.

Jim Rojas