Re: 3 garden invasions in 6 months

Jim Rojas wrote:
> I have been telling everyone I know for years that our Government should
> allow the sale of Marijuana, and any other minor drugs through normal
> pharmacy distribution channels. This may eliminate some of the street
> violence for the drugs, get rid of more than half of the drug dealers,
> and clean up the streets, and at the same time, the government can
> collect sales tax on it all. It will empty our jails for most serious
> criminal offenses, and put some taxpayers back on the street.
>
> Afterall, alcohol has done more damage to this country than all the
> street drugs combined, yet you can buy alcohol at any quicky mart all
> over the country. Cigarettes are still for sale everywhere even though
> we all know that gives you cancer...so what gives?
>
> Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc., should hand our free needles
> and spoons to heroin addicts. Companies love giving away free blood
> meters like it was candy, medicaid gives away $5000 scooters to anyone
> over 50. Why not help us cut down the spread of AIDS by giving addicts
> what the need? Or help them get off it if they really want to? Methadone
> doesnt work, you are just trading one bad habit for another, but barely
> legal pharmices are making a fortune on other people's attempt to kick
> the habit.
>
> I say give prostitutes a street vendors business license, and they will
> be required to carry liability insurance, and a basic medical plan, just
> like any other business. Aren't we all considered whores in one form or
> another in our own respective businesses?
>
> Many countries have red light districts. Japan has the most brothels per
> capita in the entire world. Yet Japan collects taxes on it all. Why
> shouldn't we do the same? These places would not exist if there wasn't a
> huge market for it.
>
> Why can't I bet on professional sports at my local OTB? Are you telling
> me the corruption already in place may get even worse? We bet on horses,
> dogs, lottery tickets, scratch offs, bingo, etc...hell, we can clean up
> just on soccer matches.
>
> Our country has lost its way. It is obvious that predatory home lending
> practices were not the answer. Let's try something new. Tax people for
> what the need, want, and use, no matter what their petty vices are.
>
> End of rant for now.
>
> Jim Rojas

If you would more rantables regarding the legalization of Marijuana -
Here is some information on industrial hemp and all that it could
contribute to the welfare of the world.

After reading the Wiki article just imagine if we were to grow enough
hemp to really help out in the fuel area and considering that it could
be grown in all the unproductive areas that other plants consider
hostile as well as a fallow year crop in productive areas, just imagine
how much of the high protein seed cake would be left over from the oil
squeezing - world hunger would be pretty much solved.

We would no longer be getting fuel from a food crop - but food would be
a by-product of the fuel production...