Re: IR mirror with Crow IR beam

On Feb 25, 9:14=EF=BF=BDpm, "Christopher Glaeser" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote=
:
> >i have used photobeams 65 feet xmiter to mirror =EF=BF=BDthen 65 feet ba=
ck to
> > reciever..
>
> Thanks. =EF=BF=BDWhat did you use for a mirror? =EF=BF=BDNormal back-coat=
ed piece of glass?
> Other than the high-end specialty equipment, I can't find an affordable I=
> mirror for sale on the net. =EF=BF=BDI think Edmund Scientific used to se=
ll
> front-coated mirrors for laser projects. =EF=BF=BDAre they still in busin=
ess?

> Best,
> Christopher

Although a regular mirror cuts down considerably on the distance ....
you can use them.

If the Photo beam comes in a "long distance" model, get that one to
compensate.

Years ( and years and years) ago. we'd sometimes use two or three
mirrors. Back then it took a long time to set them up and they were
always being knocked out of alignment.  Back then they used 12 volt
automobile light bulbs as the light source. I think it was the Ademco
1200 and 1300 photo beams. Needed a car battery for standby.