Out of Country - Central Station

Question mostly applies to Canadian Security Dealers.

I have always been under the understanding that Central Station monitoring
must be delivered within the country.
I have taken over an account that has several of there panels dialling into
a US Central station!

I remember several years ago a multi-national firm was offering deals but
the monitoring was remote into the US, they are no longer around and
rumor/trade talk was that  US Centrals were a no-no.
Any feedback from anyone involved with this scenario. I don't know if the
Canasa org. has any guidlines regarding this, I am looking for legislation
or other supporting evidence. If I extrapolate, what is stopping dealers
from sending monitoring services to India/Paskistan
I am looking to get the client to have signal re-directed to a Canadian
central but am looking to back it up with facts if I can!

P.S. Maybe it has to do with Central Command centers meeting ULC/CSA
standards, if so whay can't a US Central Station be ULC rated?

Pogo