Re: OT: Prostate Cancer Was: Panel grounding

On Dec 19, 7:48=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:52:24 -0600, "RockyTSquirrel"
>
> <gafa@/nospam/usa.com> wrote:
> >i did the blood test =A0and they said positive.
> >I waited 60 days and did the same test, same lab, same doctor, this time
> >they said negative..
> >One year later the same test, =A0same doctor, same lab, =A0same negative
> >results.
>
> >I'd suggest like tourman, =A0have the test, =A0but take with a grain of =
salt
> >the results..
>
> Will do. =A0I wonder why you got a false-positive? =A0I don't like
> unreliable tests.
>
> mleuck doesn't think we should be talking about this matter. =A0I
> disagree. =A0Changed to topic again.

RHC: The PSA test is not a 100% reliable test. Sometimes one can have
a high PSA and not have prostate cancer. However, in MOST cases, for
MOST people, a higher than normal PSA reading is something that should
tell them to go get further checked out. My PSA was always low,
because the Proscar I was taking for enlarged prostate artificially
lowers the reading, yet further tests caught the cancer. It's a
nothing test really, and the doctor can guide you from there, taking
into consideration your age and your family history. Without it you
simply know nothing; with it, you know a little more, which can then
indicate if further followup is necessary. All these tests are simply
indicators of things. The final test - the biopsy - is the only sure
indicator. But why the hell wait....

One of the things I learned about this disease over the years in
running in the Ride for Dad national prostate cancer motorcycle run,
is that ignorance is the biggest killer of all. If all men got checked
out once a year, thousands and thousands of deaths could be prevented.
But men for some reason, just don't run off to the doctor on a whim.
So they don't catch it until it spreads to other organs where it can't
as easily be treated. Left too long, it can enter the lymphatic system
and be pumped all over the body.....

At that point, you can bend over and kiss your ass goodbye