Re: VONTAGE

JoeRaisin wrote:

>The way it was explained to me is that with the cable-style voip the
>packets are sent in a more linear fashion so there aren't minor errors
>on the other end like there is with vonage.

That may be true.  I've heard they dedicate a portion of the bandwidth that is
separate from data used by the devices plugged into the home router.

What makes phone offerings by cable companies better than 3rd parties is no
Internet routing is necessary.  All the VOIP packets are restricted to the
home adaptor, and the cable co's router.  They never end up on the Internet.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be.
  - William Hazlitt