Re: Installers in Kentucky beware of HB-41

"Bob Worthy" wrote:

> Correct up to the recommendation part

You're lying again.  They dismissed the matter because the investigator
determined that the comp[laint was false and without merit.  In fact, the
people who did it were competitors who never met me nor did business with me.

> The disagreement happened in Tallahassee between two lady attorneys, one
> want to prosecute the case and the other, did not do to technicalities.

Bullshit!  You're lying through your tooth.

> The technicalities where corrected in the next legislative session.

If that were true, they'd have been back at my door in an instant.  The matter
was dropped because my business never was in violation of Florida law.

> But, you don't need to take my word for it...

I don't.  You're a liar.

> Just read the definition, of "monitoring"...

You can read the results online.  The matter was dismissed because there was
no evidence to support your sleazy pal's claims.

While we're on the subject of monitoring though, if I wanted to get back into
it (I don't) now, I could still do so in compliance with Florida law.  That is
because neither my clients nor the central monitoring facility were in
Florida.  Florida cannot regulate that which occurs outside its borders when
neither the monitoring facility nor the protected premises are inside our
borders.  Twist the meaning of the legislators any way you like but it comes
out the same.  The purpose of the statute is to protect Florida residents and
businesses from people like you.  It is your kind of business they need to
regulate and control due to the never ending abuses comitted by alarm
companies like yours against the public.  Since I don't run an alarm company
or a central station and I never had any monitored accounts in Florida, there
is nothing for Florida to regulate.

As to other rules and laws, capitalized or otherwise, your pals also tried to
sick the city and county authorities on me.  That also failed since (1) I'm in
the county and (2) I carefully checked with state and county offices to make
sure I comply with all tax, licensing and other laws before moving to Florida.

> prior to your investigation and then read the following revision of the
> Statute, which would have been in June following that next legislative
> session.

I posted it.  There's still nothing there that would have regulated or limited
my business.

>> > He had only one superior and that was the Govenor.
>>
>> Bullshit!  He doesn't work directly for the governor.
>
> Your right again Robert. I don't know what I was thinking. He volunteers his
> time for the people of the State of Florida.

He told me on the phone that he uses his position to impress prospective
clients.  He also stated that he once (and presumably many more times) bullied
a customer into using his services rather than risk "extra attention" from
inspectors if they went with his less expensive competitor.  He's a real
saint, eh?

> Not ignoring it. That was the technicality that saved your arse.

That's not a technicality.  It's like saying I was driving 80 mph in Nevada to
avoid a Florida ticket on a technicality.  Hey, moron!  The law did not apply.
That is why there was no discussion or argument.  There was nothing illegal.
Get over it.  Your pals lost.

> The way it was written was left open to interpetation...

Words to the effect, "located in Florida" were pretty easy to interpret.

> and you jumped all over it....

No, you idiot.  I complied with the law.  I didn't offer monitoring in
Florida, plain and simple.

> That is what the discussion was about with the two attorneys. Fixed now.

You're bending the needle on the Bullshitometer.

> Didn't bring your issue up until you tried to defend it again.

Yep.  You're still lying.

> I simply commented on your misleading statement that might allow readers to
> think
> that out of state central stations need not be licensed in Florida.

Correction:  Out of state central stations monitoring buildings outside
Florida don't need a Florida license.

>>> You did, however stop offering monitoring for compensation, didn't you?
>>
>> About 2 years later.
>
> Anyone have a time line on that. I think it was more like immediately.

Back that up with facts or shut up.

>> complaint was based on personal animosity -- not fact.
>
> Total assumption. The complaintant that filed against you has never posted
> to this NG nor any other about you.

Heh.  The jerk filled the newsgroup with personal attacks.  He also
contributed to a hate website and put his own name on everything he wrote.
Your buddy is one dumb cluck alright.

> I guess that is why he went on to become the Chairman of the Electrical
> Contractors Licensing Board. Or didn't you know that?

No one else wanted the position.

> Legal systems way of completing paperwork that they cannot or wish not to
> persue.

Yeah, sure.  Funny how there are numerous reports there that go into detail
about the ones who did break the law -- companies like yours.

>> That kind of flies in the face of your lies but things like facts never
>> stopped you before.
>
> Facts were presented in the complaint or they would of not spent the dollars
> to conduct the investigation to begin with. Trust me, they visited your
> website before their visit.

Allegations were presented.  The investigator found that they were false,
recommended dismissal and that is what they did.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics