Re: Installers in Kentucky beware of HB-41

"Robert L Bass" <RobertLBass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Florida still does not require licenses of online or "brick and mortar"
stores
> selling alarm systems.  Salesmen working for companies that provide
> installation and/or monitoring are required to be licensed.  Worthy knows
> this.

Yes I do.....and.....your online store was never the target of the DBPR
investigation on you....and....you know this.

> > If it is monitored, it must be monitored by a State licensed company...
>
> ... unless the company is not located in Florida.

You really should comment on Florida State Statute. You continually want to
ignore all other parts of the Statute except what you only want to use to
your advantage. I will do your homework for you. I said before I wouldn't do
that, but I am feeling generous this morning.

Chapter 489 Part II State Statute (revised 6/2007)

489.505(27) "Monitoring" means to receive electrical or electronic signals
originating from any structure within the state or outside the state,
regardless of whether those signals are relayed through a jurisdiction
outside the state, where medical, fire, or burglar alarm, closed circuit
television camera, access-control system, or related or similar protective
system and are intended by design to initiate a response thereto.

489.505(25)(c) "Burlar Alarm System Agent" means a person whose specific
duties include any of the following: altering, installing maintaining,
moving, repairing, replacing, servicing, selling, or monitoring an intusion
or burglar alarm system for compensation.

489.518(2)(b) Persons who perform only monitoring at an out of state
location are not required to comply with back ground check requirements.

Sounds like the out of state monitoring center needs to be licensed in
Florida to me. You, however, probably have your own spin to it.